QUINCE WINE 4.5L
Suitable Yeasts – CY17, MA33
20 to 25 Quinces
2 lemons – juice and zest
1 to 1.3kg sugar to SG1.09
4 litres water
1. Grate the quinces skin and all to the hard core add the chopped raisins and lemon zest – boil for 15 minutes till fruit softens
2. Leave in water for 2 days to infuse
3. Strain through muslin and allow to drip through (do not squeeze)
4. When cool add pectolaise and leave 24 hours
5. Add sugar to SG1.09 and stir in.
6. Add lemon juice yeats and nutrient. Stir in primary once a day
7. Rack into demijohn at 1.01SG and rack at one then two months. Leave in bulk for as long as possible.
8. Back sweeten after stabalising if desired and bottle.
1 year minimum from pitch to pop