RHUBARB WINE – 4.5l
half cup of tea
1 tsp Yeast Nutrient
Juice of one lemon and zest (Is it needed?)
1. Chop the rhubarb into chunks and pour the sugar on top, leave for 48 hours stiring once a day to extract the juice.
2. Strain/rinse the juice into primary and pour over the boiled and cooled water.
2a. (Optional) Add one teaspoon (2 grams) of calcium carbonate / precipitated chalk dropping it in gradually over 2 hours stirring thoroughly.
3. Add pectolase and leave 12 to 24 hours.
4. Add tea, yeast and nutrient and lemon. Adjust sugar if need be. Ferment to 1.02SG.
5. Rack to secondary and rack again when fermentation ends.
Takes one year at least from pitch to pop.