ELDERFLOWER WINE – 4.5L
YEAST – CHAMPAGNE-EC1118 OR CY17
0.55L elderflower heads
1kg-ish sugar to 1.09SG
250g raisins lightly chopped
1/2 mug of earl grey tea
Juice of 3 squeezed lemons and zest
1 tsp yeast nutrient
4.5L boiling water
1. Place the flowers, raisins & lemon zest in pan and pour over the boiling water, add most of the sugar and stir in thoroughly
2. Leave to cool to 21C and fine tune to the desired SG of sugar, add the lemon juice, tea, yeast and nutrient.
3. Ferment in primary and four times a day if possible.
4. Rack and filter to secondary though muslin to remove the solids. Squeeze thoroughly to get all the raisin and elder taste.
5. Rack at one month then two months after (and 3 months after that if needed)
Leave at 6 months before drinking – 12 for even better results