DANDELION WINE – 4.5L
The petals from enough complete dandelion flowers to loosely fill a gallon container
4.5 litres of water
1kgish sugar to 1.09SG
Zest and juice of 4 lemons
Half cup of Earl Grey tea
500g chopped raisins
(ALTERNATE – 2 Lemons and zest and juice of 2 oranges)
(ALTERNATE – 1 inch of roughly chopped ginger)
1. Pick the flowers the flowers that would fill a demijohn.
2. Remove petals to fill primary. Some green is good for taste but remove most.
3. Boil water and pour over the petals. Cover and leave for 2 days for flavour to seap.
4. Boil again then size out the petals and add the tea lemon juice, zest and raisins.
5. Stir in the sugar until 1.090SG.
6. Once cool add the yeast and yeast nutrient and cover in primary. Stir twice a day.
7. Rack into secondary rack at 1 2 then 3 months.
Drink after a year from pitch